You will integrate the team in charge of the engineering and design of mechanical structure and components including seismic design in the field of the nuclear power plants and industries.
The Piping and Structural Team is in charge of the following disciplines:
- Structural analysis and design specific to Nuclear Power Plants within the framework of new build, plant operation support and upgrade of existing nuclear installations for the Long-Term Operation;
- Fracture Mechanics studies;
- Ageing of structures and components;
- Analysis and / of design of component (such as pump, valves, Supporting structures, …);
- Piping calculation of existing or new structures including the supports;
- Design and calculation of anchorages;
- Seismic analysis of structures and components;
- Seismic margin assessment of existing structures (SMA, SPSA);
- Seismic qualification of active components.
- You are in charge of the design and calculations of nuclear related structures submitted to internal and external hazards;
- You perform structural analyses using FEM codes;
- You participate actively in the dynamic analysis of nuclear structures and components to various hazards: earthquake, gas explosion, tornado, …;
- You participate in the writing of technical specifications (design requirements) and the review of technical documents issued by the Contractor;
- You are a Mechanical or Civil Engineer with several years of experience in structural analysis and design;
- You are familiar with international codes and standards (Eurocodes as well as American Standards such as ASME, ASCE, ACI, USNRC (SRP and RG), …);
- You are able to predict the response of structures under static and dynamic loading;
- You are experienced in general purpose Finite Element and structural codes (such as ANSYS, ABAQUS, NASTRAN, SAMCEF, ..) for static loads or dynamic loads , in case of linear or non-linear analysis;
- A background in seismic assessment of seismic category 1 structures and other structures is an asset;
- Knowledge of nuclear domain and safety is considered as an asset;
- You are able to communicate in Dutch and French or English;
- You are able to coordinate different technical expertise’s;
We offer you a position as a consultant within the fascinating world of high tech and engineering. We provide a total package with on one side training, coaching and a close follow up and on the other side a balanced salary package with fringe benefits based on your capabilities and experience. Working with us means choosing for a long term perspective, development possibilities and a personal approach.
All consultants are an indeterminate contract.
End of june
Email your CV and application letter to Sylvie.firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information, please contact Sylvie Agnetti +32498785543. For more job opportunities go to http://www.engibex.be/